Everyone needs a Buddha Bowl recipe in their healthy kitchen repertoire. Instagram-worthy Buddha Bowls are easy to throw together for a balanced meal that’s healthy and filling. And while the ingredients in your favorite Buddha Bowl recipe may vary from ours, we’ve got a fool-proof formula for making the perfect nutrient-dense bowl.
Best Buddha Bowl Recipe Breakdown
- Gluten-free whole grains like the brown rice we use as a base in our Buddha Bowl recipe provide filling nutrient-dense fiber and a healthy source of carbohydrates. Brown rice can help you balance weight and control blood sugar.
- Healthy fats like avocados and olives make our bowls tasty so we don’t feel like we are eating “health food”. We like to eat avocados every day since they’re rich in water, fiber, and protein. Mash up a few ripe avocados with lemon juice and Himalayan salt and store in your fridge with a few avocado pits to keep your guacamole green for days.
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut prepare your body to digest heavier macronutrients (protein, fat, and carbohydrates) in your meal allowing for better nutrient assimilation and less post-meal food babies.
- Leafy greens should be found in at least one of your daily meals (or Daily Shakes). In this Buddha Bowl recipe, you will find antioxidant-rich greens in the delicious dressing flavoring this dish. Feel free to add steamed greens or any Clean-approved dressing you prefer.
- Raw veggies are rich in antioxidants and fiber so it’s always a good idea to eat as many as possible, especially when looking for healthy, filling foods on a cleanse. Our Buddha Bowls contain beauty-boosting root vegetables and are topped with sprouts which contain up to 100 times more digestive enzymes than other raw veggies.
- Something crunchy such as the toasted pumpkin seeds found in this recipe adds texture and variety to this simple dish. Pumpkin seeds are high in immunity-boosting zinc and anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fatty acids.
CLEAN BUDDHA BOWL
Prep time: 15 minutes plus overnight soaking
Cook time: 15 minutes, plus cooling time
- 3 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
- handful dulse
- 1 ripe avocado
- handful olives, any variety
- 1 handful sprouts, any variety
- 1 large carrot, washed
- sweet potato, peeled, diced, and steamed
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Green Goddess Dressing – Taken from Recipes Cookbook p.87
Prepare all your ingredients
Snip the dulse.
Slice the carrots, and cut the avocado in half then cut the flesh into chunks and scoop out the interior.
Divide the rice between two bowls then top with the above ingredients.
Drizzle the Green Goddess or your favorite dressing over the top and enjoy!
By the Clean Team