This cauliflower soup recipe is a delicious, warming, creamy, comforting, and packed with nutrition. Instead of being reduced to a side dish or smaller part of a meal, this recipe puts cauliflower and all of its benefits at the center of the meal. The following cauliflower soup recipe is a perfect meal to have on the 21-Day Clean Program.
Cauliflower Soup Benefits
Some may underestimate the many good effects of cauliflower on our bodies. Whether it’s adding it to our smoothie bowls or making a pizza crust from it, cauliflower is so nutritious and adaptable. Just one serving provides 77% of our daily value of vitamin C, in addition to being a good source of other vitamins and minerals like vitamin K, protein, fiber, and more. The recipe below makes enough to serve 2-4 (depending on the serving sizes).
- 2 TB extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower
- sea salt to taste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water (for baking)
- 6 cups homemade vegetable stock
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond or hemp)
- Place whole head of cauliflower in a baking dish.
- Rub cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Add ½ cup water to the dish and bake uncovered at 350° for 1 ½ hours (or until a knife cuts through without resistance).
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool. Once it’s cool, chop into large pieces and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add onion and garlic, cooking until soft and translucent.
- Add cauliflower, stock, and all remaining ingredients to a pot.
- Simmer on stovetop until cauliflower is very soft, about 10 minutes, and use a handheld mixer or blender, blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to pot under low heat until ready to serve. We hope you enjoy this cauliflower soup recipe!
If you like this article, you might also enjoy Cauliflower Mash That Is the New Thanksgiving Favorite